In life or death situations, the practice of medicine is never a game. But preparing for it can be. Sign up to be part of AMSA’s National SIM Challenge Competition!
Teams must apply by April 28, 2023. There will be no onsite registration for this competition. Please review the complete Team Requirements and Terms and Conditions here.
Teams of 4-5 students will compete in a series of simulated clinical scenarios requiring medical knowledge, clinical skills, teamwork, and communication. In each round, teams will be presented with a clinical case. Each team will have ~15 minutes to evaluate, discuss, and present their findings. A panel of judges will determine the winner for each round. The SIM Challenge schedule will be finalized closer to the event, but all teams should arrange to arrive at the conference hotel in time to participate in the preliminary round on Thursday, June 15 at 11:00am.
Thursday, June 15
- 11:00am – 2:30pm – Preliminary Round followed by Training and Debrief
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Quarterfinal Round 1
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm – Quarterfinal Round 2
Friday, June 16
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Quarterfinal Round 3
- 9:15am – 10:15am – Quarterfinal Round 4
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Semifinal Round 1
- 2:15pm – 3:15pm – Semifinal Round 2
Saturday, June 17
- 10:30am – 12:00pm – Championship Round
To support Sim Challenge contact email@example.com